Search This Blog

Sunday, September 9, 2012

Testing, Testing, 1, 2, 3

Pre-testing season has wound down finally after 3 weeks of MAP testing and DIBELS testing.  While I like the amount of data we get from these tests, I do not like the amount of time that goes into getting them completed! 

I much prefer the one-on-one of DIBELS testing to the mass testing of MAP, but this year we only DIBELed Kindergarten and the progress monitored kids from 1, 2, and 3.  If we hadn't, we would still be testing another week or two! 

I have had many teacher friends that have been surprised by the fact that we even pre-test the way that we do.  Are we in the minority here?

I found their responses interesting when I meantioned I hadn't started my K-3 math remediation groups or my K-6 enrichment groups.  We use the data for differentiation, and that's how my groups are formed.  You definitely can tell who had the summer slide or really worked on their summer requirements.  (We require reading and math StudyIsland.com assignments.) 

Once I get back in the swing of teaching groups, I should be posting more (baby willing!). 

Colleen

No comments:

Post a Comment