Search This Blog

Monday, February 25, 2013

Making a Comeback

I apologize for my long absence.  I have been taking this precious time since December to care for and get to know my little girl.  I wouldn't have traded it for the world!  I just wish I could stay home with her all of the time.  We can teach other people's kids from home right?? I wish that was the case, but alas it is not.  I will be going back to work Friday.  Wish me luck! 

To celebrate my blogging comeback I am offering a St. Patrick's Day Freebie.   




Copyright Colleen Zehr theteachingchameleon.blogspot.com

 
This is a sight word card game that's great for a center or small group activity. Game includes 2 different sets of sight word cards according to the levels Pre-Primer and Primer. It contains Dolch Sight Word Cards and blanks for vocabulary words you would like to add.

How to Play:

Choose card sets to use. There are 2 sets of words. You can use 1 or more sets per game. Select at least 3 Uh-Oh cards for the game.

Place cards face down in a draw pile. Players take turns reading a card from the draw pile. If they read the card correctly, they keep the card and any cards in the discard pile. If they read it incorrectly, the card goes into the discard pile. If a player draws an Uh-Oh card, the player must discard all of their cards into the discard pile. The winner is the player who holds the most cards when time is called.

Warning: This is a game that does not end unless a time limit is provided. 5-10 minutes per session is a good place to start.

I have used this game in the past for different holidays.  For Halloween, we played boo.  You take ghost cutouts and write the sight words on them and include cards marked with boo to be used like the Uh-Oh cards.  We play Gobble for Thanksgiving. 

A larger version including sight word cards for 1st, 2nd and 3rd is available for sale at TeachersPayTeachers here:  My TeachersPayTeachers Store

Thank you loyal followers and I hope you'll be seeing more of me soon! 

Colleen

No comments:

Post a Comment