Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Thank You and a Primary Activity

Hey all, I wanted to say thank you to all of you that have been following my blog and/or signed up for my new monthly newsletter (It'll be out around the 1st).  I am so excited to really get this up and running!  If you haven't yet signed up, please do so HERE!

Today's primary addition activity is an activity that I originally found on Pinterest and then to give credit the original from Maria at Kinder Kraze:



I revamped it a little for my Kindergarten enrichment kiddos with stickers.  They are still having trouble remembering their math facts and are definitely needing something a little more visual then are usual stuff.  Maria has them using paper tiles, but we used stickers.  I used to work at a teacher supply store and had TONS of stickers.  (Believe me, my paychecks were nothing because I spent it all!) 
Here is what we did: 


Next time, I would Maria's worksheets to go along with this activity and the activities for decomposing numbers using subtraction and addition.  You should check them out!  To be honest I went from the Pinterest post that day, but have since gone and looked at her blog post.  Great stuff.   

Colleen



 

1 comment:

  1. Collen you're such a sweetie! I've given you the One Lovely Blog award. Stop by to check out all the details.

    Maria from
    Kinder-Craze

    ReplyDelete