Search This Blog

Thursday, August 16, 2012

First Day of School

Today was the first day of school!  I don't know where the summer went, but here we are. In my new role, I do not have a class of my own.  I got the priveledge of helping herd students and their parents into the building.  Lots of sleepy faces, but lots of excited ones too!  I always forget how little the kindergarterners are at the beginning of the year or how much the older kids grow since the previous year! 

I did not miss the first day of school as a classroom teacher in that I didn't have to be stressed about supplies, bulletin boards, etc.  I spent the day preparing for our first day of MAP testing (tomorrow).  Seating charts, accommodation lists, directions to proctors, etc.---who knew how much goes into prepping for testing!?!  It's interesting to be on the other side for once. 

When do you start testing?  Do you pretest?  We pretest, monitor and post test the primary kids and we pretest and monitor the upper elementary/middle school kids.  We then post test the ones that are remedial on the state assessments.  Good luck in your beginning of the year endeavors!


Colleen

No comments:

Post a Comment